*** I do not anticipate openings for new students in Fall 2022 ***
Are you a prospective graduate student interested in studying ecohydrology or groundwater? Great! I am happy to answer your questions, but please first familiarize yourself with my research and the Water Resources or Environmental Engineering degree programs and specific requirements for graduate degrees in our department. Then email me (gmiller at tamu dot edu) and be sure to include the following:
- A PDF of your CV or resume
- A short statement about your background, your research interests, and why you want to pursue an advanced degree with me (~2 paragraph)
- Please do not include other application materials, such as transcripts or a statement of purpose
You will also need to submit an application to the Texas A&M graduate program. For funding in the fall semester, you must submit an application by December 15 in the year prior to your desired admission (i.e., December 15, 2019 for admission in Fall 2020).
Please be aware that I generally do not respond to emails that appear to be form letters or do not meet these requirements. Also, I cannot tell you and will not speculate on your chances of being admitted or funded before you apply.
Domestic students interested in pursuing a Ph.D. are also encouraged to apply for the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program.
Texas A&M has a number of programs that may be of interest to undergraduate researchers:
- The College of Engineering sponsors the USRG Program, a 10-week research experience for undergraduates who have completed their sophomore year.
- The LAUNCH Undergraduate Research Scholars program, a 2-semester undergraduate thesis writing program
- The TAMU Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation program, which offers opportunities for undergraduates from under-represented groups in STEM.
- An NSF sponsored Research Experience for Undergraduates in Costa Rica.
- Credit hours for research via CVEN or EVEN 491.
Please contact me if you are interested in working with me through any of these programs.